Expanding Global Markets
Client: NUDURA Corporation
Project: Showcase video of NUDURA’s projects in the United Kingdom
Whether you call it energy-efficient building, green building, or zero energy building, the demand for environmentally responsible construction is spreading across the globe. The United Kingdom (UK) is no exception to this trend.
NUDURA Corporation, the leading provider of Insulated Concrete Forms (ICFs), already had market share in the UK. As a Canadian company, they had numerous videos demonstrating their many projects in North America.
What NUDURA needed as part of their strategy to grow their UK business was a video showcasing their signature projects in the UK to share with the region’s builders and architects to get them ready to buy.
Our Role in the Project
Regen Media had a direct hand in the creative concepting, script writing, filming, and overall production of the video. The top three messages NUDURA wanted to convey were:
- NUDURA’s ICFs were superior for ensuring good airtightness in a building. In fact, one of the projects earned a top prize at the global ICF Builder Awards.
- Using NUDURA forms was a common method for energy-efficient building in the UK. NUDURA wasn’t something new and unfamiliar. It was right in a potential buyer’s backyard.
- The NUDURA system is very simple to learn for a trained builder. The forms can be slotted together, like building blocks, before pouring in the concrete.
Regen Media worked with NUDURA to identify three signature projects to highlight in their video.
- An award-winning, contemporary home which achieved an airtightness result of 0.2 air changes per hour at 50 Pascals (easily within the stringent Passivhaus Standard criteria).
- A residential care home that ended up liking the NUDURA system so much, they used it for the entire building.
- A school that had fallen behind project deadlines, but was able to carry on regardless of the weather because of the NUDURA forms.
These outstanding building examples would be inspirational for a prospective customer.
Challenges and Solutions
NUDURA, like every other company of its kind, faced two not unique challenges.
- In an era of very short attention spans, how could NUDURA get across all of the necessary information without losing a viewer’s interest?
- The NUDURA system comes together in a matter of weeks. The same cannot be said for many methods of construction! Still, as with any construction project, there were some delays. This affected a sequence showing NUDURA’s construction process which needed to be filmed in real time.
As a video production company, Regen Media has a laserlike focus on an audience’s needs and wants. Regen Media was able to balance the complexity and volume of information with creating a video that was interesting to a viewer.
Building construction, unfortunately, is not so easy to control! In the end it was worth it. The footage of the various stages of build really showed the ease of working with NUDURA.
NUDURA’s Canadian leadership team were incredibly pleased with the video when it debuted at the Ecobuild conference. As of April 2015 it had only just been released more publicly so the results are not yet in! NUDURA however is already considering how to slice and dice the video to meet other needs, such as for training for builders and architects who are interested in learning to work with the NUDURA system.