The Power of Content Marketing
Client: Passivhaus Trust UK
Project: Producing a conference video with a unique, content marketing approach
Passivhaus Trust UK is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that provides leadership and guidance for those looking to adopt the stringent Passivhaus Standard. Each year, the Trust throws its annual conference, which provides the Passivhaus community of builders, architects and tradespeople with an exciting update of what has happened over the past year.
The Trust approached Regen Media to put together a video that would publicise the conference and showcase the expertise and opinions of key delegates.
Our Role in the Project
Regen Media understands the power of content marketing and felt the conference video would be a more powerful tool if it provided original, useful content rather than just telling a straight story about the conference itself.
Regen Media collaborated with an on-site camera team to produce a package that showcased the pioneering attitude and evident passion that delegates shared for Passivhaus construction.
Through the video, Passivhaus Trust UK wanted to:
- Highlight the fact that Passivhaus new builds and retrofits are rising rapidly – and explain why this was the case.
- Promote Passivhaus as the obvious option for new buildings; a ‘no-brainer’ approach to meeting the energy challenges of today whilst increasing comfort.
- Share the collective expertise and current opinions of the event’s key players.
Regen Media, in close collaboration with the Trust, decided:
- To take a creative, content marketing approach, rather than making a conventional conference video. It decided to produce more engaging content by featuring snappy interviews with the conference’s key figures and sharing their knowledge about the current state of play in Passivhaus. Regen Media felt this approach was a more effective way of promoting the conference and giving the client a powerful package that would have long-lasting appeal.
- To focus on SEO and give the video the sort of title that those interested in Passivhaus would search for online, with the aim of delivering more third-party hits. “Why is the number of Passivhaus standard buildings increasing?” was a title that was likely to be inputed into search engines by those interested in the approach.
- Overall, Regen Media wanted to create a professional package that would give viewers valuable content and keep them interested from start to end.
Challenges and Solutions
- Producing conference video and audio content that was interesting and valuable.
Regen Media decided to maximise interest by going the SEO route and producing a piece of effective content marketing. With an engaging, SEO-friendly title, it would also be more likely to find third-party viewers and be shared on social media. The team also opted to open the video with inspiring visuals of Passivhaus projects, rather than humdrum conference shots.
- Feeding key people to the camera team.
It can be challenging to pin the right people down in a busy conference environment. Regen Media, with its background in energy-efficient building, was aware who the key opinion formers were and used its friendly, approachable style to pinpoint the right experts and get them speaking knowledgeably to camera.
The video got picked up by the International Passive House Association and shared on their social media channels. The video has over 1000 views, which offered strong evidence that the content marketing strategy paid off for Passivhaus Trust UK.
If you want to showcase your construction project or event to potential clients in a unique and captivating way, then Regen Media wants to work with you. Just give us a call or email us.